Why You Should Avoid Treating Head Lice with Chemicals

WA 2015 study led by Kyong Yoon, an assistant professor at Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville, reveals that lice are now resistant to common over-the-counter (OTC) treatments in more than half of the country.

The 2015 study results show 100 percent resistance to pesticide treatments in at least 48 US states, including California.

More specifically, the study revealed that the new “super lice” have genetic mutations that protect them from permethrin, an anti-parasite chemical common in popular OTC (Over-the-Counter) lice treatment brands such as RID or NIX.

The following are just some of the risks of using chemical treatments:

  • You’re exposing the family’s skin, eyes and lungs to potentially hazardous chemicals.
  • As lice become resistant to insecticides, the chemicals are less effective so you will still have lice.
  • There’s a risk of poisoning if products are overused or misused.
  • Your scalp will become very irritated, red, and even burning from the harsh chemicals and you may itch for days, weeks, and even months.

Repeated treatments end up costing most families lots of money – often hundreds and hundreds of dollars not to mention many hours of time and frustration. Even worse, some families put the toxic chemical in their hair because they have been exposed and are not even if they are not 100% certain they have lice.  You should never treat lice unless you are 100% certain you actually have head lice.

Torrance Lice Removal has been in business since 2015 and has successfully head screened and treated over 40,000 families. We offer do-it-yourself preventative and treatment products including a chemical free lice suffocation oil that can be massaged into the hair and washed out after 10 minutes. We also professional head screens and our Signature Treatment that is chemical free, has a 99%+ success rate, and will end your head lice infestation in about 1 hour.