At Torrance Lice Removal, the health and safety of our customers and employees is critical. We are here to serve you, and we want to share information with you about how we operate safely, effectively, and so you and your family can be treated in the cleanest possible medical environment.
We ask that all of our employees practice good health habits to help prevent the spread of all respiratory and flu viruses.
EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS SHOULD
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, drink lots of fluids and eat nutritious food
- If an employee feels sick, they should stay home and not come into work
- If a family member coming in with a person we are treating or getting head screen is feeling sick, they should reschedule their appointment with us.
ADDITIONAL STEPS WE ARE TAKING:
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
- Our treatment rooms and equipment are cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant before and after each family leaves
- All treatment chairs are cleaned with cleaning alcohol and disinfectant wipes to sanitize chairs before and after treatment.
- There are fewer patients and staff at the clinic at one time in order to support physical distancing
- We have two private treatment rooms. We will only book one family at a time
- Any additional adult family members not being head screened or treated will have to wait outside the clinic
- Only family members getting treated or screened will be allowed to be in the clinic
- We will not be utilizing the lobby area
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- We will use an infrared thermometer for employees and customers prior to entering our clinic
- You will be required to wear your own mask during the check-in process and prior to entering our clinic
- When you arrive, you will see a check-in station set-up in front of the clinic. The check-in process will include screening and and 9 triage questions, a required patient/parent signature (for minors) on a consent form, and temperate readings
- Customers must complete our COVID-19 patient screening form prior to any head screens or treatments
- All customers must maintain a 6 foot separation at all times. To maximize physical distancing, only the patient will be allowed to enter the clinic for head screens or treatments. Since this protocol relies heavily on cell phone use in order to maximize physical distancing, please remember to bring your cell phone with you.
- Breakrooms, bathrooms, and common areas are disinfected frequently
- All of our certified head lice technicians wash their hands and clean their hands with hand sanitizer and soap between before and after each family
- All lice terminator combs are scrubbed and deep cleaned with soap, barbacide and an ultra sonic cleaner by our certified head lice technicians before and after treatment
- We conduct enhanced deep cleaning on an hourly basis
- All light switches and doorknobs are wiped with disinfecting soap and cleaner
- Any staff members are prohibited from reporting to work if they are sick until cleared to do so by appropriate medical authorities and in compliance with appropriate labor laws
- All staff must change clothes before they go home
- Complimentary ipads will not be provided. You will need to bring your own
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Soap and water is available to customers and employees at all times
- We have hand sanitizing stations at both clinics
- We will no longer be offering snacks or drinks
- We will not have toys or games to share
EMPLOYEE PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- All certified head lice technicians wear protective surgical gloves for head screens and treatments
- All certified head lice technicians wear a protective face shield
- All certified head lice technicians wear a protective, disposable face mask before head screening/treating a new family
- All certified head lice technicians put their hair in a bun and wear protective head coverings for head screens and treatments
- Fatigue mats are placed under each treatment chair
- All employees wear medical scrubs
- All employees wear photo ID
CUSTOMER PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Customers will be provided a disposable cape during treatment
- Customers will have the option to wear disposable gloves during treatment
- Treatment chairs have plastic coverings
- Tray tables for treatment products and tools have tray lining
- All combed out lice eggs are placed in disposable bowls
- Facial tissue is at all stations
- Customer will be provided a disposable cap upon completion of head screen or treatment
- No touch check out procedures
Our first priority remains keeping Torrance Lice Removal employees and our valued customers safe and well-informed while doing what we can to help minimize potential spread of the coronavirus.
Please know we have devoted significant resources and efforts to maintain clinic cleanliness at the highest level possible and we will continue working hard to provide the level of service and cleanliness you have come to expect since our first treatment in 2015.